Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hiv risk unprotected gay bathouse
screenman12 posted:
went to vegas for the first time im a 23 year old male i have never had a gay experience before this and was unaware of the disease risk, i got high and i went to a gay bathhouse and had rough unprotected sexual intercourse with 3 unknown men one was from england (the intercourse included everything) its two weeks later the whole back of my throught is sore this started the two weeks later whatever else is in the back of your mouth its sore to, im gonna get tested just as soon as i can for hiv, everything else too but hiv first, Its been 15 days since the encounter, i have read articles about differwnt tests saying they can check for somethin in like the first 7 days that will identify weather or not you have hiv but if u miss that period you gotta wait like 6 weeks before you can test and get a real ligit answer/// ?what are the chances i might have contracted hiv and whats the best route from someone who truelly knows there stuff as far as taking which hiv test and when?

georgiagail responded:
It would appear that what you are asking are (at first) the risks from what you engaged in.

These are the statistics we use for various sexual encounters (and since you indicated you did "everything" I'll include oral and both receptive and insertive anal intercourse).

For oral sex (both giving and receiving), unprotected oral sex carries an estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

For unprotected insertive anal intercourse, 6.5 per 10,000 exposures.

For unprotected receptive anal intercourse, 50 per 10,000 exposures.

Again, these are all with partners KNOWN to carry the virus. Since you cannot confirm your partners status, your risk would, statistically, be less.

While 3 months (90 days) is the recommended time period for testing, the vast majority of newly infected folks (up to 95 percent) will have enough antibodies present by 25 days post transmission to test positive using current screening tests. Often those who can't wait for the three month mark will test at this time period, then retest at 90 days.

Your chances of contracting HIV from these events are, of course, all dependant on whether any or all of these partners carried the virus. If none of them did they could not, of course, infect you with something they didn't have.

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.