Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV Combo Test ????
jordan87 posted:
Hi All

My last exposure was on the 27th-March-2013 (I was the insertive person role to Unkown status) and I did a HIV 1 & 2 Combo Test AB / AG on the 3-June-2013 (total days 67), the result with an index of 0.699 below the 0.9 and 0.1 index level showed negative. I did the test in Jordan Amman in a lab blood drawn (results within 4 hours)is it conclusive? should I move on? what kind of test is it? it did not mention (reactive/Non-reactive)

by the way somewhere around May till today I have localized rash in my lower back.

Thank you for Your Support

georgiagail responded:
The HIV 1/2 Combo Test AB/AG checks for both antibodies to HIV 1 and 2 and also the HIV-1 antigen. The negative test result is the same as non-reactive.

While the recommended time period for testing is 90 days after a potential exposure, it is highly unlikely that one would test negative at 67 days and then positive at 90 days.

However, if you remain concerned, you can always get retested when at least 90 days have passed.

Keep in mind that in terms of risk, the risk is always going to be lower to the insertive partner than to the receptive partner; this is because of the reduced contact with a partners sexual fluids (i.e., you as the insertive partner would be producing more of these than the receptive partner).

I hope this makes sense.

Gail

jordan87 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank You for your reply,

I would like to add one more thing in your comment above you mentioned "the risk is always going to be lower to the insertive partner than to the receptive partner" from reading through the web and other sources I have to say I regret my risky behavior and we should never ever rely on any statistics I was foolish before!!!

I also understood that HIV combo test are reliable at 4-6 weeks after infection and at anytime after correct me if I am wrong but if this is the case I think this test should be encouraged so people can tested regardless what the very conservative Window period ( 3 month - 90 days ).

Keep the good Work

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.