Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Planned Parenthood possibly infected needles
An_252534 posted:
I've been experiencing anxiety lately in regards to my health. I think that I can get HIV from food exposure, sharing food/utensils, and getting scratched by someone. So I went to Planned Parenthood to get tested. I asked the nurse if it was a new needle and I saw her take it from a bin/container with other needles. It had a green lid and I saw her open it. Why don't hospitals/clinic use needles in plastic packages. Now my mind is racing and I keep thinking that since there are many protesters who stand outside the building what if one broke in and infected the needles. Could the nurse tell if those needles were used or not? After it is used can you tell it was used? Or can a person just simply put a lid back on and let hiv blood sit on it? How long can hiv blood live on the needle? Sorry I really have anxiety.

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.