Skip to content
Think I sat on glass or needle
An_252569 posted:
Today I went to wait for my bus and there is a bus shelter at the bus stop. I believe I looked before I sat on the black bench. I sat down while sitting I felt the sensation of a little prick. I could of been imagining. I stood up and found nothing. The bench has spaces the are large so I looked on the ground there was a lot of broken glass and I guess it's from part of the shelter since part of it is made out of glass. I didn't see a needle but started thinking what if was a broken needle and I couldn't see it because its so thin and silver. So if was glass or needle and had hiv blood on it should i get tested? I'm not sexually active and I'm worried about it. I do tend to worry a lot.

georgiagail responded:
You do not need to worry about this. You did not see a needle and even if you had, there was nothing to say this had blood on it...and even if it did, there is absolutely nothing to say this blood just happened to come from an HIV positive individual.

And even if it did (whew! I'm getting tired here!)...HIV is an EXTREMELY delicate virus outside the body. Any virus in blood from an HIV positive individual would be dead within seconds of leaving that persons body.

There is absolutely no reason for you to even consider the need to get tested over this business. You are not even sure you sat on anything that stuck you.

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your honest response. But I've read injection needles can protect the virus for a long time. I was thinking that maybe the needle broke off the other end of the thing and prevented me from seeing the actual needle. if that makes any sense but don't know how else to explain it.

An_252569 replied to An_252569's response:
Also I looked at my pants once I got home because the inside back pockets are white and I saw 3 small orangish brownish spots. I'm afraid that it was blood but I'm not sure it could have always been there. So should I worry? It's unfortunate that I'm going through this stress and I'm sorry for bothering you.

Also I looked at my pants once I got home because the inside back pockets are white and I saw 3 small orangish brownish spots. I'm afraid that it was blood but I'm not sure it could have always been there. So should I worry? It's unfortunate that I'm going through this stress and I'm sorry for bothering you.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
Sounds like you sat on something that left marks on the outside of your pants but never went through your pants or broke your skin.

Gail

nebraskalove replied to georgiagail's response:
Well now my pants were dark blue and the pocket on the inside of the pants are white like most pants (when you pull your pocket out). so either the marks were already there or something from my thigh put the marks there. I'm freaking out and crying. I don't have anybody to take me to the emergency room if it was necessary.

georgiagail replied to nebraskalove's response:
It is not necessary that you rush to the ER to spend thousands of dollars in medical expense to be told that there is nothing to worry about in regards to HIV infection. Honestly.

You are letting your imagination run wild with you in regards to this matter.

Even if you sat on a piece of glass...so what? In your mind this has now expanded to a needle and a needle that contained blood AND the blood of an HIV positive person. This is not a realistic scenario and REALLY, you are worrying excessively over absolutely nothing.

Gail

Okay. I was just concerned that if it was a needle and I couldn't see it but from your other answer I can tell that even if it was a needle I just need to relax and stop worrying. Thank you.

I meant to ask you...you mention looking at your pants and the pants pocket but I'm curious...did you look at your skin in terms of any breaks?

Gail

I couldn't tell. I saw red around my back thigh (I have brown skin) but it could of been from me touching it and poking it. So I can't say if it was from a needle. Should I worry?

Not in the least.

Gail

Now I'm worrying because the left side if shoulder is swollen and sore. I think it's a lymph node.

HIV is not diagnosed by symptoms.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.