Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
poked myself with nail in room
An_252569 posted:
I don't know why but as I was watching tv in my room I picked up a nail I kept poking it in my back thigh just out of boredom. All of a sudden I started thinking what if there was hiv fluid on it. I don't know why I thought that but I'm assuming that since the nail was in my room it's been there for quite some time and why would there be hiv fluid on it. Also, even if it did leave red marks on my thigh it wasn't bleeding. Please tell me I'm being paranoid.

georgiagail responded:
You're being paranoid. And stop poking yourself with nails.

Gail

MATSTRAZZ responded:
Self harm is a mental problem. It gets worse over time. I bet your feeling blue, or stressed. might be a good idea to get a tetnus shot. DOES DOING THINGS LIKE THIS MAKE YOU FEL BETTER? Maybe a non harmful way, to get the same result. exercise a sport, video games. If you keep doing self harm, get help. Many people do this for a period of time in their lives, from cutting to drinking to much. it not what you do it why you do it that u need to find out and then work on.

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.