Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
face wash
An_252569 posted:
I'm afraid that somebody would put hiv fluid in my face wash that I keep in the bathroom. I have acne and it sometimes bleed and I don't want to put the hiv infected wash on my face. Is it possible?

georgiagail responded:
Is this possible? No.

This is at least the second time you've posted a scenario regarding someone attempting to "poison" you with HIV fluids. Isn't it time you consider some therapy to help you overcome your paranoia regarding this disease?

In the meantime, it would benefit you to research just how HIV is passed from one person to another. It's not through exotic and far fetched concerns such as frozen popsicles and face washes. If you are not engaging in unprotected sexual contact or sharing of IV drug needles with an HIV positive individual, you have nothing to worry about.

Gail

MATSTRAZZ responded:
The Question, is why are you thinking, people are trying to infect you with HIV. HIV IS IN BLOOD AND semen, and vaginal secretions, in breast milk of an infected woman. YOU have to get these thing inside your body, or on raw skin. HIV only lives for a time in BLOOD if you took an open test tube of HIGHLY infected blood, added saline and mixed it and injected it into your body you might get HIV. ALL OTHER STD'S are way easier to get. IF YOU GOT INFECTED BLOOD SPLASHED INTO YOUR EYES, YOU MIGHT GET HIV. Sex is a violet act, with many rips in the skin. THE odds of reg vaginal sex is about ONE in TWO HUNDRED. USE A "PLASTIC " NON LATEX CONDOM AND DO NOT WORRY. GET TESTED EVERY YR AND IF YOU HAVING ALOT OF SEX WITH DIF PEOPLE MORE THAN 5 PARTNERS, A YR GET TESTED EVERY SIX MONTHS. IF YOU HAVING OVER 20 PARTNERS, IN THREE MONTHS GET TESTED EVERY THREE MONTHS.
NOW about the fear? WHAT ARE YOU FEARING? is it that you think that PEOPLE ARE AGAINST YOU? ARE YOU BEING BULLIED? Is it that if you get HIV your life might change? THINK ABOUT IT. Make a written list of your fears? You might be afraid of; germs, disease, being sick, people hurting you. Might be afraid of gay people, drug injection users. Widen the scope of the list to all the things you fear. When done in a few days look at the list, rank them the number ones are what you fear the most, all the way to number 9 the things you fear the least. THEN RANK them by by the real odds of that hapening. the web can help you. A real fear would be having a HIV POZ room mate who uses injection drugs, and leaves his needles in odd places. very real fear. to the unreal fear, I SHOOK HANDS WITH A HIV POZ GUY.
ONE by one go threw the list and cross the things that after reading them over sound stupid. FIGURE out exacltly what you are afraid of. THEN WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOUR WORST FEAR DID HAPPEN? WELL IS YOU CONTRACTED HIV, BY SHARING A NEEDLE WITH A HIV POZ PERSON, AND A FEW MONTHS TESTED POZ. WELL you would go to the doctor and get on meds. these meds would keep you from getting sick, and you would live a long life, just having to take pills every day. and go to the doctor more often.
I HAVE HAD HIV SINCE 79 DIAGNOSED IN 83. I am still alive. Medical care for HIV, gets better all the time. BE careful about the stuff you can change, DRIVING TO FAST, not watching while your walking. THINGS THAT COULD KILL YOUR OR MAME YOU VERY BAD. THE reality is HIV is way down on that list. THERE IS only around 1 millions people in the USA with HIV. More people die from all kinds of things it lower than the top 30 ways to die and getting lower every day.

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.