Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
acne bleeding
nebraskalove posted:
Hello I went to the doctors this morning for a checkup later on in the day maybe about 2 1/2- 3 hours later I popped a pimple on my face. It was bleeding a little bit like they always do. I was wiping my face with my hand. I didn't wash my hands after leaving the hospital which I was told I should always do. I started wondering if I could have possibly touch hiv positive fluid while in the office/room and it got on my hands or under my nails. Am I at risk since I was touching an active wound that was bleeding?

georgiagail responded:
No, you are not.

Once again, it is important to remember that HIV is an extemely delicate virus outside the body. What makes you believe that it's just lying around in a doctors office or a hospital just waiting to get under your fingernails or on your hands.

Seconds after the virus leaves the body, and is exposed to air, it dies.

Gail

nebraskalove replied to georgiagail's response:
Hello,

What about hepatitis? No one on that community is answering my question. I scratch my acne and it bleeds and I touch it and press down on it to stop the bleeding. I know its only a little bit of blood but I walk in and out of campus buildings touching things and it usually happens during class and I can't just leave to handle it. Now im afraid that since my hands touch door handles and there are nasty people on campus who dont wash their hands after using bathroom that now i have hepatitis since i touch my tiny bleeding acne with my hands without washing them beforehand. I know I sound crazy but I am in counseling now but this fear of contracting diseases hit me in March and now i constantly think about it.

georgiagail replied to nebraskalove's response:
No, not Hepatitis either.

Perhaps it's time for some counseling to help you get over your fear of these diseases, both of which can only be passed through very specific methods.

Gail

nebraskalove replied to georgiagail's response:
I know I am in counseling at the moment. Now I have another fear. I eat in my campus dining area and I made a belgian waffle for brunch and left it cooking while I went to go get a drink. Now I'm worried that somebody infected it with blood or spit/blood while I was away. Especially since there was this girl standing near the station of the waffle maker and she is quite suspect. Now i'm worried since I ate the waffle that I may get HIV or hepatitis.

georgiagail replied to nebraskalove's response:
It is impossible to get either disease from eating a Belgian waffle.

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Well now I'm afraid because I live in a traditional dorm and I think I accidentally brushed my toothbrush on things in accident and I'm afraid that there may have been blood previously or virus and I go ahead and brush my teeth and my gums bleed now I believe can get hiv and hepatitis that way. I hate living in communal bathroom and now I'm afraid to brush teeth and I feel like I accidentally brush it on something on the walk to the bathroom.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
Please spend a little more time researching how HIV and hepatitis are passed from person to person.

Both these viruses are delicate outside the body with HIV being the far more delicate virus. HIV typically can survive only seconds outside the safety of the human body. You do not pick either of these viruses up from toothbrushes, toilet seats, Belgian waffles, picking at acne, etc.. If you did, all of us would be infected with both of these viruses.

Gail

Helpful Tips

I am scared to death of possible HIV infection.
I went with a woman which I dontknow her HIV status , and I discovered that she is at her period, she used some tisuues to cover her ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.