Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
stepping on needles
ossie90 posted:
Hi I'm having another episode of anxiety. as I was walking down my street I felt pressure on my foot. My mind started thinking what if it was an used needle with HIV fluid on it. I checked my foot once I got home and can't see anything because I have dry skin on my foot. I do see darker spots but can tell if its just bruises or from something else. I wear vans. Also, I walked past a bush and got scraped. I started to think what if a needle was in the bush and it scraped me. I looked at my arm didn't see anything but its hard to tell since I have scars/marks on my arms. If there were needles with HIV fluid with both situations am I at risk? Should I get tested. I'm really worried.

georgiagail responded:
For heavens sake, neither of these scenarios showed the presence of any needles and certainly not any needles that contained HIV positive fluid. Your imagination is running away with you.

Do you need to get tested? No.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.