Skip to content
masturbation
An_252674 posted:
Today I masurbated ( rubbing my clitoris), I washed my hands before so. However, I was in the hospital earlier this morning around 10 am and started thinking what if hiv fluid was on the things I touched while in the hospital. I only washed my hands twice today, I'm worried what if hiv fluid got under my nails. Should I get tested? I'm not sexually active.

georgiagail responded:
Stop worrying about this. This is not a risk for HIV transmission. And if you're the same person who keeps posting these rather bizarre scenarios regarding picking up HIV, do some research on how long HIV survives out the body and how it is passed from one person to another. Educating yourself about this will help ease your concerns.

Gail

MATSTRAZZ responded:
Well depends on what not sexually active means to you. there are many ways to have sex. genital, oral, anal. if your sharing body fluids with someone your having sexual contact. KISSING is not a risk, unless there is blood involved. Do not kiss someone who has just brushed their teeth, they could have bleeding gums, and if you had a mouth sore, there is a very slight change of getting HIV if they have HIV. A very, very slight chance. if you have ever had sex with an other person you should get tested. Every yr get tested if you had sex in that yr. THE REASON IS on the rare chance you got HIV you would want to know, so you could start treatment.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.