Skip to content
Worried at 42days
An_252734 posted:
I went into my clinic after multiple exposures to the same person I was with for 2 months and was tested positive for chlamydia, but everything else was negative; cld this be a reliable test cause I feel like its not. I'm having no symptoms as of right now

georgiagail responded:
Yes, this could be an accurate test. Chlamydia is a far easier STD to pick up than HIV.

However, keep in mind that the recommended time period for HIV testing is 90 days after a potential exposure so if you remain concerned regarding your partners history, consider getting retested for HIV at that mark.

Gail

An_252734 replied to georgiagail's response:
I'm going to get retested for HIV, but I'm really scared though...would another month and half make a difference. I called and told my ex partner cause he lives in Jackson, TN that I caught chlamydia from him and he just hung up on me after saying I was disgusting. I hope I didn't catch anything else from him cause I'm just now getting my life back with the guy that took my virginity(my husband) and we have a daughter together. I'm so sad and upset. I asked my ex partner if he knew anything bout his sex history that wld be beneficial to help ease my anxiety and he says he's not the one I shld be asking. Idk I'm getting no help at all with this.

georgiagail replied to An_252734's response:
Yes; the recommended time period for HIV testing IS 3 months after a potential exposure.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.