Worried at 42days
An_252734 posted:
I went into my clinic after multiple exposures to the same person I was with for 2 months and was tested positive for chlamydia, but everything else was negative; cld this be a reliable test cause I feel like its not. I'm having no symptoms as of right now

georgiagail responded:
Yes, this could be an accurate test. Chlamydia is a far easier STD to pick up than HIV.

However, keep in mind that the recommended time period for HIV testing is 90 days after a potential exposure so if you remain concerned regarding your partners history, consider getting retested for HIV at that mark.

Gail

An_252734 replied to georgiagail's response:
I'm going to get retested for HIV, but I'm really scared though...would another month and half make a difference. I called and told my ex partner cause he lives in Jackson, TN that I caught chlamydia from him and he just hung up on me after saying I was disgusting. I hope I didn't catch anything else from him cause I'm just now getting my life back with the guy that took my virginity(my husband) and we have a daughter together. I'm so sad and upset. I asked my ex partner if he knew anything bout his sex history that wld be beneficial to help ease my anxiety and he says he's not the one I shld be asking. Idk I'm getting no help at all with this.

georgiagail replied to An_252734's response:
Yes; the recommended time period for HIV testing IS 3 months after a potential exposure.

Gail