Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood transmission
An_252569 posted:
Hi.the other day I used nair hair removal on my legs and it irritated them and didn't remove all the hair. I ended up with red bumps on my legs. I shaved the bottom parts of my leg over yesterday because I went to the club. I guess I irritated it a little more. I wore capris and some of the irratation could be seen. Meaning the red bumps that looked like dried blood was in the middle. I don't think they were bleeding. I'm worried that since people were rubbing Nd bumping into me what if I came into blood contact with somebody and if I would be at risk if the blood or other fluid was hiv positive? Should I just stop worrying about this situation?

georgiagail responded:
Yes, you can stop worrying about this situation.

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Also, I have acne and I sometimes peal it off and it bleeds so I assume its consider an open wound. I don't think it was bleeding but I'm not sure. What if somebody's fluid got on my face while at the club. I was really sweaty and people were all against me and kept accidentally rubbing against me. If there was hiv fluid should I still consider it no risk?

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
Sweaty people in a club...even those who might be HIV positive are not a risk to you. Now, bloody people in a club...that MIGHT be another story. However, red bumps, acne, irritated hair follicles...none of these are open portals into the body.

Keep in mind that even in an HIV positive person, the virus is not found in sweat; just blood and semen (and in much smaller amounts in breast milk).

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
I just hope nobody was bloody in the club. It will be hard to say since it was kind of dark. And it would be hard to tell if blood got on me since I was sweating a lot.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.