Skip to content
Blood
An_252569 posted:
I am a camp counselor and today and kid pointed out that I was bleeding on my face. I touched it and there was blood. I can't remember if I picked at my acne on my face and caused it to bleed, or if I it was one of the kids blood. How their blood would get on me I don't know but they always jump all over me. I afraid if it was their blood and if it was hiv positive am I at risk? I have acne so I guess blood could get through to my bloodstream that way. I am having an anxiety attack over this. I don't know what to do. I'm not sexually active nor do I use drugs. Help at this point will be very much a help.

georgiagail responded:
You are not at risk from any of this.

It was your own blood from your own acne.

What makes you believe any of these children are HIV positive?

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Honestly, I don't know why but I know that people are born with the virus and I try to be careful about anybody's blood. But it's difficult because they jump on me constantly and I just don't know whether or not they accidentally got blood on me. I know it's terrible to think that these kids have the virus but It's not that I believe they do but that I much rather stay clear of anybody's blood.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.