Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV Fear
An_253052 posted:
Hi Doctor 2.5 years back i had a encounter with couple of Prostitutes, its was just a brief encounter just sucking boobs kissing there body No Annal sex nor Vaginal sex only lip kissing no tongue sucking.. i didn't remove my trousers as well, i kiss her vagina some how i could do it for 10-15 seconds remember she has not lubricated while i kissed her vagina, After the 2 weeks of the encounter i had some red bumps which i have never had earlier in my life, all over my upper chest followed with light fever 37.5 and back pain and head ace then i took some medicine it went of in couple of days time, i didn't have any other symptoms like diarrhea, nausea, swollen lymph nodes or Muscle stiffness or aching after 2.5 years also i didn't notice any other symptoms in fact i have put on 5 Kilos of weight, Now when i search on net i find some thing which will put me under depression doctor you are the best person to answer my query and quell my anxiety, do you think i might have got HIV by the above act, Doctor i dint have any sexual intercourse that day the only thing i did is to touch her vagina for a brief moment of Time i remember i didn't have any cuts on my hands or fingers..! please doctor Ans me its for long time i have not slept properly due to this. Doctor please ans my query. i pray to that you have a peaceful and healthy life. May God bless you

georgiagail responded:
There is absolutely no way on this earth that you could have become HIV positive from sucking of breasts, kissing a body, lip kissing or kissing a vagina for 10-15 seconds even IF this prostitute had even been HIV positive.

As you have said, you did not engage in any form of actual intercourse and never even removed your trousers. There is simply no way transmission of HIV could have taken place during this event (again assuming this person was even HIV positive).

Stop worrying about this and get some real rest from now on.

Gail

hrvjy replied to georgiagail's response:
Dear Gail,

I was just shocked at the way i got the rasheshs (Red Bumps) all over my chest like never before made go mad... I'm still not able to make out what made the bumps to appear on my chest..! followed with light fever of 37.5...

Thanks,

georgiagail replied to hrvjy's response:
I have no doubt the rash was shocking (they tend to be!).

But remember that in order for HIV to be passed onto someone the virus must, somehow, be able to actually enter your body (unlike other STDs/STIs that might require only contact with skin or mucous membranes from transmission.

In this case there was no way that any virus could have entered your body through a cut, scratch, open wound or your urethra of your penis.

Gail

Dear Gail,

do you think i might have contracted HIV, by the above act..? the rashes occurred on 10th day of 1st encounter and the second day of 2nd encounter.. can the sero conversion starts in 10 days of the encounter, not the actual 2 weeks to 4 weeks window period..? Or it can be herpes outbreak...? i need your advice doctor please help me.

Thanks,

No, as I have already pointed out, there is simply no way you could have contracted HIV from the above act. No way, no how.

Doesn't sound like herpes either.

Gail

Dear Gail,

Thanks for the prompt replay and educating me the way HIV transforms from one body to another, as and when i recall the whole incident i never crossed that limits and i was aware of what i was up to just kissed them and sucked there breast, Kissing the Vagina for 10-15 seconds thats it, a day prior to Rashes i had chocolate it was tasting some thing very different the rashes could be for that or it can be mononucleosis rash from kissing.. My oral health is clean up to today
Just wanted to inform you one thing recently while playing injured my leg index finger, i have to take 4 stitches, it was cured with only Anti Tetanus Injection, i never took any Anti Bio-tic Injections or Tablets in 1 week time, as i wanted to check my body immune system how it is if have HIV then it would not have healed so soon, but still I'm loose my sleep over that rashes, Please bear with me and help me to come out that dirty trauma, May God bless you...

Thanks

hrvjy replied to hrvjy's response:
Dear Gail,

I forgot to tell you that the rashes vanished in less than 36 hours time and they were not so itchy as well, can you please explain me what could be the reason..?

Thanks

hrvjy replied to hrvjy's response:
Dear Gail,

There is other thing i didn't mention, the rashes vanished in less than 36 hours, they were not so itchy as well.. can you please explain me the reason behind that so that i can be relived person again thanks a lot..

I have no idea why the rashes vanished so quickly except that they had nothing to do with HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.