Skip to content
Lymph nodes and an 18 week test
louisreyes posted:
I had protected sex with a commercial sex worker last February. I dont know why but it bothered me after a week and kept thinking that I got HIV. I was very anxious that I kept checking myself for lymph nodes from time to time. Ive had these two lumps (because I wasnt sure if it was lymph nodes or something else) on both sides of my adam's apple for about a month then. I kept obsessing on what it was and at the back of my mind I kept thinking That it was connected with HIV. Around the 18-week mark I grew very anxious and decided to get tested. The hospital used an Abott Architect Ag/Ab Combo and I tested nonreactive. Around the 20th week however I got nasal congestion and post nasal drip for about 2 weeks. 2 new lymph nodes were also swollen due to that but of smaller size than the other two. The doctor said it was nothing and that the HIV test was conclusive and that I dont have it. Around the 23rd week however after I jogged I noticed a swollen and tender lymph node at the left side of my groin. Now its making me anxious and im thinking of having myself tested again. [br>[br>Here are my questions: [br>[br>1)Is my test conclusive? [br>2)how long before anti-bodies are produced after you see swollen lypmh nodes? Is there a connection? [br>3)does anxiety and being a smoker have any effect on the ability to produce antibodies or the window period? [br>4)even though protected I had a small wound on my butt, what are the chances that i got HIV from that? [br>5)is nasal congestion and on and off cough for around 2-3 weeks signs of HIV infection? [br>[br>Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.