Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The wrong kiss
Tdt1110 posted:
Sorry for bothering you. This is the first time I post a question here. I am a Vietnamese gay and 23 yo. I've read somewhere that kissing (even deep) without blood is safe. So I deep kissed a man I met (1st time) 6 days ago. But after that kiss, I am really panic. As I can remember, there was no blood taste and smell during that kiss and I did go wash my mouth after that. But my gums often bleed every morning when I brush my teeth or floss my teeth, and even when I try to suck it out on my mouth, there is blood appear. Today, when I try to suck my tongue, there is blood in there too. I am really worry if I had terrible dental problems. And when his blood in his saliva went into my mouth, I can be easily transmitted. I should have PEP but I did not. I've read on internet, CDC and many more website still consider this is risk, but I've found a case infected via kissing (not the case in CDC, this case both are gay men) and oral sex (without dental problems). This is killing me. Do I need to regret? Do I need to have test in this situation? Please give me advice. Thank you all so much.

georgiagail responded:
This is not a risk for HIV transmission. PEP would certainly not be indicated in this event.

Many people have gums that bleed during brushing and/or flossing. That doesn't mean they will bleed when they are doing the lip locking.

To date, there's only been one recorded case of HIV being passed through deep kissing and that involved two people who had such bad dental disease (i.e., open, bleeding wounds in their mouth at the time of the lip locking) that one has to wonder how they could stand face to face to talk to each other let alone kiss.

Gail

Tdt1110 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your reply. If his blood from somewhere in his mouth touch my gum which bleeds every morning? Is that still a risk?

georgiagail replied to Tdt1110's response:
No.

Gail

Tdt1110 replied to georgiagail's response:
Oh. Thank u so much

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.