Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hiv
An_253340 posted:
Hello, I have been tested twice in collage (2002-03) with my results negative of hiv. Then I got one in 2005 that was negative oh hiv. But I show some symptoms of having hiv like itching groin, some bumps, and my legs are skinny. I'm a scared! Is it possible for me to pass all those earlier tests and have hiv. The person I am with currently has also been tested and passed hiv but was told she was exposed to hpv. I did look up symptoms on the Internet.

General54321 responded:
The condom did break on me that's why I got tested in the first place.

georgiagail replied to General54321's response:
You are HIV negative. So is your partner. Thus, she could not have passed the virus onto you since she does not have it.

Look at it this way....

I am assuming you are worried about a sexual event that took place over a decade ago, correct?

If so...and if transmission had taken place you would, by now, have moved from HIV to AIDS. Your symptoms would be FAR more than an itchy groin, some bumps and skinny legs. You would have full blown AIDS with extreme symptoms that would be impossible to miss including severe weight loss, diarrhea, specific types of pneumonia and other respiratory issues, etc..

HPV is a very different (and FAR more common) virus than HIV.

Gail

An_253340 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.