Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oraquick & STD Question
An_253414 posted:
I took an Oraquick HIV test on June 28, 2013. It came back negative. I had possible exposure between late 2004 and early 2005 with someone whom I later learned may be HIV positive and another individual who claimed he had regular STD tests so he was clean. My concern is 1) The lady that conducted the test with blood by hand prick, showed me the result (one line on the "C") seemed to have read the result in less than 20 minutes. It was probably about 10 to 15 minutes. Should I be concerned i.e. take another test? 2) I am now concerned about other STDs. Would you recommend doing test for other STDs? It's been close to 9 years since I had sex. I don't have any symptoms to indicate I may have an STD. I am aware that some STDs show no symptoms for several years. I already know a clinic near me that offers STD tests.

georgiagail responded:
1. No

2. It is your choice to get tested regarding other STD's. As you've pointed out, some show no symptoms.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.