Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
razor blade risk......
ramesh87 posted:
SIR, [br>I HAVE A DOUBT THAT I GOT HIV, [br>WHY BEACAUSE ONE OF OUR ROOM MET HAD HIV,ONE DAY I SHAVE WITH MY RAZER BLADE WITHOUT CHECKING AND I CUT MY SELF TOO......IT HAS SOME HAIR I MEAN TO SAY THAT SOME ONE USED ALREADY.....I THINK THAT PERSON ONLY MIGHT BE USED IT......I AM VERY MUCH SCARED...LATER I CAME TO KNOW THAT HE HAD A HIV.......REACENTLY I LOST WEIGHT ABOUT 5 KG'S AND I HAVE DON HIV TEST WITH IMMUNOCROMATOGRAPIC RAPID TEST AFTER 45 DAY IT CAME NAGATIVE AND AFTER THAT I TEST AGAIN AFTER 3 MONTHES IT'S CAME NAGATIVE IN INDIA WITH TRIDOT METHOD, IT'S BEACUSE SOME ONE TOLD ME AFETR WINDOW PERIOD(3MONTHES)ONLY YOU SHOULD GO FOR CHECK UP........AFTER THAT AGAIN I HAVE DON TEST AFTER 41/2 MONTH RESULTS IS NAGATIVE(IMMUNO CROMATOGRAPIC RAPID TEST).........ARE THESE TEST ARE ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GO FOR ANY OTHER TESTS.....IF I NEED TO GO WHEN TO GO AND WHAT WAS THE WINDOW PERIOD FOR HIV..........PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS.........THANK YOU.

georgiagail responded:
There is no need for further testing. You are HIV negative.

For future reference, keep in mind that this virus is extremely delicate outside the body, typically living only seconds outside the warmth and protection of the human environment. Thus, you were never in any risk from this business in the first place.

Gail

ramesh87 replied to georgiagail's response:
sir,
But,abnormal WBC count,like all the white blood cell....i mean high lympocytes and low neutropiles and other monocytes and basopyles easinopiles also high after that fall down and again came to normal what does it mean.......please explaine me.....actually at this time i lost weight. it is happend in 3monthes time duration to come normal values and also i have bad abdominal pain&and i even test for hep B,C all are nagative....thank you,

georgiagail replied to ramesh87's response:
These levels mean absolutely nothing in terms of your HIV status.

The only tests that can provide useful information regarding ones status are those specifically designed to test for HIV. Which you have undertaken several times with "non-reactive" (i.e., negative) results, indicating you are HIV negative.

Gail

3 rd generation tests are like'' immuno chromatograpic rapid ''test and ''tri dot'' test are fine to get tested sholud i go again for elisa testwich is fourth generation test because i am going to get marriage next month ....thanks.....for all your help

ramesh87 replied to ramesh87's response:
can anyone reply please...........thank you.

georgiagail replied to ramesh87's response:
(Sigh)...No, no further testing is required.

Gail

thank....you very much for all your help.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.