Skip to content
1 year and crazy symptoms
patjjjj posted:
Hi,
I had brief unprotected sex (about 2 mins) and then protected sex and unprotected oral with a CSW from Pattaya, Thailand. I know HIV is a serious problem in Thailnad because of their thriving sex industry. After that I had a STD panel test at 2 weeks and everything was negative. In about 4 weeks I had neck pain, mild fever, diarrhea, head aches, blood in stools (bright red), random leg and arm pain, tingling in my arms and legs, fatigue and a few other symptoms.
At 4,4.5,5,6 and a little over 6 months I used the Oraquick advance HIV 1/2 test and tested negative. I've been constantly worried about the accuracy of the tests.
Of late I've still been having those neck pains. What really worries me is the feeling that my lymph nodes in my armpit and groin are swollen. They don't look like they are and i definitely cannot feel a lump. Are lymph nodes obviously swollen for someone infected and do I need an lab test?? I need to put this behind me and concentrate on my career but these thoughts are killing me.
Someone please help me with these questions
1) Are swollen lymph nodes painful tender and can you feel them rubbing against your clothes. I cant feel anything with my hands though.
2) Do I need a lab test.

georgiagail responded:
1. Swollen lymph nodes tend to be tender and often painful.

2. No. No further testing is needed. Your tests have clearly shown these events did not leave you infected.

Gail

patjjjj replied to georgiagail's response:
Georgia,

My lymph nodes are not swollen. It feels like their swollen. there's a lot of pain around that area. That is my main concern. Is this a HIV concern.
And thank you for your prompt reply.

georgiagail replied to patjjjj's response:
It is important to understand that testing beats symptoms out every time.

In your case, you'd paid enough for tests that the folks who make the OraQuick test kits are probably enjoying a nice vacation in Bermuda right now. EVERY ONE of these tests have shown your true status as "negative".

I would like to point out that if you have, by chance, been feeling those lymph nodes to determine if they are swollen (something folks who worry they are infected with do very commonly), they can easily become tender and painful from this checking.

Gail

patjjjj replied to georgiagail's response:
Georgia,

Thanks for your help. I do check quite often for lymph nodes. Almost twice a day. That could be it.
Once again, appreciate your help. The service you are doing is phenomenal.

georgiagail replied to patjjjj's response:
Stop checking these....the poor little things are tender from all that checking!

Please believe your test results. You are HIV negative.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.