Skip to content
Accuracy of OraQuick/ DO i have HIV
An_253548 posted:
hi, i had oral sex about 3 months ago with another man i do not know. I gave and received a blow job from a guy that said he was tested just 4 days before and he got all negatives for all STD's, but i can not help from being scared that i got something from him. i have taken 4 Oraquick home HIV test that have all come back negative. One at 1 and a half months, one at two moths, one at 2 and a half months, and one at three months. he did not cum in my mouth and i spit out all the pre cum, but i am still scared that it could have got in through a small cut in my mouth.I also have gotten two ulcers in my mouth since them. one after a month after and one at the third month. also i got a cold in the second month and my lymphn nodes were swollen which are all signs of HIV. Do you think that my Test results are correct and i am negative?

georgiagail responded:
Yes, I think all your testing is quite accurate.

The ESTIMATED risk of HIV transmission for unprotected oral sex ranges from .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm this persons status.

Your three month test result is certain quite accurate in terms of your HIV status.

People get colds all the time. Mouth ulcers also aren't all that unusual.

Gail

An_253548 replied to georgiagail's response:
So do you think the chances are slim to none of me having HIV? Even though my lymph nodes were swollen during my cold and i have gotten 2 mouth ulcers. I asked the guy again the last time he was tested and he said it was 4 days before we hooked up, and he said "i am very selective about who i hook up with and i dont do anal, and he is a very clean person"

georgiagail replied to An_253548's response:
Lymph nodes are expected to swell when one has a cold. They swell when one gets the flu too. They are part of the immune system and swell when one is ill with such things.

Testing beats symptoms each and every time. Your three month test has come back as negative.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.