Skip to content
Had unprotected sex with woman born with hiv? Test was negative after 6 weeks? Should I still be worried and stressed
HotR718 posted:
I had unprotected sex with a girl 4 or 5 times on July 31st. She confessed 4 days later she was born with hiv. I went to the hospital after she told me and they gave me pep.

I stopped taking the pep on September 9th and went to get a hiv rapid antibody test on September 11th. It was negative. Would the meds I was taking effect my results from being negative or positive? I am really worried and stressed about this and been losing sleep since this happened

I was taking truvada norvir and reyataz. I had the rapid antibody test where they take blood from your finger. I am really nervous and scared about this. Someone PLEASE HELP

georgiagail responded:
The recommended time period for testing is included in this article:

http://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.