Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confusion About Hiv, std,health
pranavmistri posted:
I have had sex with a provider 2 years ago , used condoms but two of them. Didn't see whether they were intact after the intercourse.Felt very scared when i woke up next day when i saw rashes on my hand.since then i was afraid some thing happened to me.tested about 5 times for hiv.negative was the result.hep c , b negative.Now i have severe fatty liver .i drank alcohol only 5-8 times in m life and also not obese.I consullted doctors but could not tell abt the intercourse because he was looking serious.does this incident have connection to my liver problem which started after the incident?do i need to mention this my doc?any more tests to be done confirming that i didnt get anything from the provider i had sex with?

Thanks in advance

georgiagail responded:
No; whatever is happening with your liver has nothing to do with HIV.

The rashes on your hand the day after your intercourse also have nothing to do with HIV (any flu like symptoms of early onset HIV occur 2 to 6 weeks after transmission).

I'm also assuming that all this testing was done with the recommended time frame for testing, correct?

Gail

pranavmistri replied to georgiagail's response:
I took the test after 2 , 6 months, 1 year , and 1year and10 months for HIV. Hcv .hep b were negative after 1 year and 10 months.any more tests should I take?

georgiagail replied to pranavmistri's response:
No; no further testing is required.

Any test taken at least 3 months after a potential transmission for both HIV and hepatitis is considered to be both conclusive and definitive in the results.

You have consistently tested negative for both these viruses; you are not infected with either of them.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.