Skip to content
Question about HIV Transmission
moggy1982 posted:

I was recently at a club where a male dancer gave me a lap dance. I was very uncomfortable and told him to stop. After he left I rubbed my forehead to scratch an itch and inadvertantly popped a zit. There was probably a little blood that came out of the zit wound. After the dancer had been all over me - who knows what they have been doing - I'm concerned that I may have contracted HIV. I know this is not a high risk situation, but I'm just concerned that somehow some sort of body fluid on him got onto my hand or forehead and somehow found its way into the small wound I created when I touched the zit by accident. I was not aware of any of his own body fluids on me, but I can't be sure.

Also, I know that waiting three months to get tested is considered very good proof that a person does not have HIV. However, for my peace of mind, is a test at one month or even two weeks considered accurate enough to give a good indication of HIV infection? Of course, getting tested at those points in time would not be definitve proof, but would they at least give me a good idea of whether or not I'm infected?

Thank you,

georgiagail responded:
This is not a risk for HIV transmission.

It is important to remember that HIV is an extremely delicate virus outside the body, typically living only seconds outside the warmth and security of the human body.

Thus, the bodily fluids you are worried about (even assuming this person was HIV positive) would have to be blood or sexual fluids that IMMEDIATELY entered an open wound.

If you remain concerned over this non-event, testing done at one month would give you an very good idea of your status. At one month post exposure up to 95 percent of newly infected folks would have enough antibodies present to test "reactive" (i.e., "positive") by current testing methods.

But, quite frankly, there really was no risk here.


Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.