Dried blood
An_252569 posted:
I got ride a ride home from my grandfather on my dad sides. I barely know them but as he was driving I noticed a black lumped up maybe a scab or maybe dried blood. I have him a hug but I can't remember if our faces touch. I do have acne and they can be open at times. I'm worried that if it was dried blood and he has either hiv or hep b or c that I now have contracted it. I remember once he said he gets his blood cells or white cells something along those lines checked often and now I believe maybe because he has hep b or c and I don't want to be mean and ask him since we aren't that close and I know if he does have them I doubt he would just openly tell me.

georgiagail responded:
Well, I suppose you AGAIN have not taken my suggestion to read up on how HIV or hepatitis is passed from one individual to another, have you.

Or do you, perhaps, get some type of strange enjoyment out of all these strange and impossible scenarios you post regarding the impossible ways to pick up these diseases?

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
I really don't like this. I can't stop thinking negatively. Like at my doctors appointment today I had to tell at the nurse for touching the camera that went in my nose and throat without gloves and now I'm terrified that there might of been hep b or c from a previous patient on her fingers and since the virus is pretty strong the device was pit in my nose and throat but I'm trying to not think like this but i can't help but worry about my health and careless people. I'm just afraid of dying. That's all. I know there are things out of my control but I'm trying to prevent those hings that I do have control with.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
You have indicated you are in therapy for your OCD, correct?

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes I am in counseling. so a far my counselor is getting my life story and trying to figure out where my fears come from. not much to help with things the frighten me now. the reason why I'm worried so much especially about hep b or c is because I've read that it can live for months and I do think it was dried blood on his face, a lot to make it lump. and my open acne and us touching faces in my mind can transfer the virus.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
Neither Hepatitis B or C can live for "months" outside the body.

In addition, you have no knowledge that grandpa is even infected with either of these strains of this virus. Just because he gets some labs when he goes to his physician does not mean he is infected with either hepatitis B or C.

Gail