Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV Transmission - I'm obsessing
moggy1982 posted:
I posted a comment about six days ago about being at a club and having a lap dance from a male dancer. My thread was called "Question About HIV Transmission". Although I've been told both in this forum and by a local doctor that my risk of HIV transmission was low, I'm going crazy thinking that, somehow, I might have contracted HIV. What if he kissed me on the head where my zit was and he had bloody/chapped lips? And then I immediately popped the zit and the open wound mixed with his blood? I wonder if it is partly guilt that is making me go nuts? Some sort of response would be appreciated since I really am going crazy, especially knowing that I have to wait at least a month to get any sort of idea whether or not I'm infected. How does a person cope with the apprehension of having to wait for what seems like an eternity?

georgiagail responded:
" What if he kissed me on the head where my zit was and he had bloody/chapped lips?"

He didn't have bloody lips when he kissed you on your head. This would have been impossible to miss. He may have had chapped lips but having chapped lips means nothing.

" I wonder if it is partly guilt that is making me go nuts?"

Very likely. That and the fact that you automatically assume this male dancer must be HIV positive when in fact you do not know his status.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.