Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Threesome
An_253782 posted:
Hey , hope all is well I have a few questions about my possible exposure to hiv . First I am a female and my risk was basically a threesome ( male an another female) the guy use a condom but did not switch out to a new one between the girl and I . There was some kissing involved and I had nipple rings in also that weren't fully healed but that's all and I'm so worried that she may have something an isn't saying anything .I asked her about her status and she said she was fine but you never know . I know this was dumb and believe me this is a learning experience for me . I tested negative at 4, 7.5 , and 9.5 weeks . Is there anyway someone can shed some light for me I've been experiencing alot of anxiety and my doctor says im fine but shes a regular Gyn . also i got bacterial vaginosis after this incident which took place on july 19 th in so my doctor perscribed antibiotics and within this time I wasn't eating from extreme anxiety so I had a little vomit during the day followed with a IBS I also lost about 10 lbs from this but if you don't mid answering me at your earliest conscience ill appreciate it Thank you in advance for your time A couple questions 1. Is this a risk ? 2. I've heard hiv can't survive in air is this true in my case? 3. Likely hood off one exposure? 4 . Are my test conclusive ?

georgiagail responded:
1. Extremely unlikely

2. HIV is a very delicate virus outside of the body. Once the medium it is in (i.e., blood or sexual fluids) dries, the virus dies. I'm assuming you are worried about any vaginal fluids on the outside of the condom. These would dry very quickly.

3. One doesn't a "freebie" from just one experience. There are many who became infected from just one exposure.

4. The recommended time period for testing is 12 weeks after a potential exposure. However, it would be highly unusual that one would test negative at 9.5 weeks and positive at 12.

Gail

Mgscared replied to georgiagail's response:
Hey thank you so much Gail I have one final question I will be going to get a 11 week test tomorrow could I take this as conclusive ? Also I greatly appreciate uour input I hope the doc can answer this as well

georgiagail replied to Mgscared's response:
Yes, again it would be HIGHLY unlikely that there would be any status change between a test taken at 11 weeks and one taken at 12.

Gail

Mgscared replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you so much Gail I appreciate it

Mgscared replied to Mgscared's response:
Also sorry would I be able to take this an move on would I need further testing ?

georgiagail replied to Mgscared's response:
No; no further testing would be needed.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.