Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Whats wrong with me? Someone please HELP!
yeagemk posted:
I DONT think this is HIV - I just don't know where else to post, and since whatever I am experiencing seems to be damaging my immune system, I figured I'd post here, in hopes that someone could help me solve this, or at least point me in the right direction.

First - I am a fitness professional. A personal trainer with a heavy client load who spends long hours in a busy gym. I am definitely exposed to a lot.

I went to Japan for 3 weeks, and a day after my return, I developed this:

Cellulitis that required IV antibiotics. My blood count at this time came back normal. I was given oral antibiotics to take at home, and soon it cleared up

around three weeks later, I developed this on my leg:

a very painful, swollen, "angry" repeat of what i dealt with 3 weeks prior...This time, this rash was accompanied by general fatigue, feverish feelings, and just a general feeling of being unwell. I returned to the hospital for treatment. Oral antibiotics given. The doctor said it appeared to be MRSA, or another type of staph infection. After I was given the antiobiotics, the symptoms cleared up for many months, and I thought everything was back to normal.

about 5 months later, After my final exams during my fall semester of college, a similar case of cellulitis popped up, which left me feeling unwell and fatigued for about a month. The slightest workout would leave me feeling cold sweats and give me swollen lymph nodes.

The Doctor gave me antibiotics for a month and ran full blood work on me, and everything is normal.

Recently I have been getting more of these things. Here is the latest:

These pictures only represent a small fraction of these outbreaks. A few days ago i had one on my forearm, the week prior one on my OTHER forearm, etc. These outbreaks almost always occur on my forearms, or feet. the only time I have ever experienced an outbreak on my thigh was in the picture I showed you. ive NEVER had any sort of outbreak on my torso.

I have NOT had to seek treatment at the hospital for these things in well over a year. Usually general best rest and clean living will clear these things up (at least visually and symptom wise) without medical intervention.

MY ANALYSIS:

these outbreaks are triggered by stressful events - travel, academic, or physical, as in workouts that I might do. If i "take it easy", my experience thus far has lead me to believe that I wont manifest symptoms. This is incredibly stressful, as I am an athlete trying to train for competition, which is made impossible by this. Every "outbreak" starts looking like a simple bug bite. There are generally 2 "bites" about 1 cm apart from each other at the epicenter. Occasionally, these outbreaks will ooze a clear fluid, but not all the time.

Does anyone have ANY idea what this is? Help is much appreciated!

georgiagail responded:
I'm sorry but your pictures do not open.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.