Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV from oral sex
An_254016 posted:
Hi,

I am a female that received oral sex from a guy I knew for about two months. I did not give him oral sex or did we have actual sexual intercourse. A couple of days later, two days later, I suffer from a slight fever for about seven days. I had a slight headache and a slight sore throat (more of itchiness in my throat) but no other symptoms. Is there a psossibility that I have HIV? he told me that he was tested earlier this year and everything came back negative and he is going back to test again.

georgiagail responded:
The ESTIMATED risk from oral sex (both providing and receiving) is extremely low.

The statistics we use for unprotected oral sex is .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source known to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

If you remain concerned over this EXTREMELY small risk you can always consider getting tested at the 90 day mark.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.