Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Needle in back
An_252569 posted:
Hello my school took a group of us to a haunted house yesterday night. While standing outside in line I felt this weird sharp sensation in my back, I guess kind of like a needle. I didn't turn around immediately but when I did the lady had her hands cupped together. I have this fear that maybe she pricked me with a used needle and immediately put in her coat it pocket before I turned around. It was freezing outside. I know there were a lot if people in line but her group was behind her and maybe they were apart if it. Also the area is pretty much out in the country and I was one of few African Americans there so I'm afraid that that could if been a reason for infecting me with something. Idk if people sometimes get a weird prick/needle sensation sometimes or not but I feel like I've been infected.

georgiagail responded:

Well, at least you're consistent in your fears...let's see, there's your fear of your sister putting HIV on a frozen popsicle because she doesn't like you, someone at school putting blood on your Belgian waffle at Sunday breakfast, you taking a shower and worrying a red spot on a towel you dried yourself off with contained blood from an HIV positive person and you infected yourself, you sitting on the floor at school and worrying you sat on an HIV containing needle...and now this fear that someone behind you while you were standing in line stuck you in the back with a used HIV needle containing HIV because you're an African American and the haunted house was out in the country.

I'm not making fun of you but I was hoping that pointing out all this impossible scenarios would help you see that the only real fear you have from all of this is the fear your own mind is making up for you and causing you very much unneeded stress and worry. Really. Honest.

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.