Skip to content
sex with csw: sharp drop in cd4, diagnosed with hcv, hiv negative at 57 days using 2nd gen
An_254090 posted:
I am an indian, a 30 year old male. I had sex with an Indian csw. I had used double condoms. My urethera was covered throughout. [br>[br>Seconds after pulling out, I removed the condom using my right hand. Some vaginal fluid stuck to my fingers. I took some amount of water and with the same hand cleaned my penis repeatedly. After this I took some water in the same hand and used it to gargle/ gulp. [br>[br>A month later, too afraid to take an hiv test, i took a cd4 count test and a liver function test. LFT was normal and cd4 was 843 at 43.2%. [br>[br>50 days after the incident, I took a cd4 test, an hcv test and a lft test. [br>HCV was positive. liver enzymes were significantly elevated and cd4 count went down to 454 at 42.7%. [br>

57 days after the incident I took a retroquick hiv test. It was negative. A retroquick test is a 2nd gen test. [br>[br>[br>My cd4 count significantly decreased in a span of 20 days. My liver enzymes became elevated in these 20 days. [br>These are classic symptoms of acute hiv infection (Including increased enzyme levels). [br>[br>[br>I am afraid that I might have contracted hcv from the sex worker. Also, since prevalence of hiv is very high among indian csws, i am afraid, I might have contracted hiv from her too.

1.What percentage of people would test psoitive using a 2nd generation test at 8 weeks?
2. Can factors other than hiv cause such a drastic drop in cd4 count as in my case?
3. Seconds after taking off my condom, I felt vaginal fluid on it. Using the same hand I repeatedly cleaned my penis. Then, I used the same hand to gargle?
4. does co-exposure to hiv and hcv delay window period?

Could any of these activities have enabled hiv transmission?Please advise. I am extremely stressed.

Please help.

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.