Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    How do I cope with AIDS Dementia Complex ?
    Nancy1983 posted:
    I have had AIDS Dementia Complex since 2004 and I kept it to myself. Now my friends and grown kids are noticing that I have trouble remembering Imp.facts about conversations and everyone tells me it"s just getting old. I am only 58 and I have even had to give up driving because of it! I feel so isolated now and have no friends that have gone thru late stage AIDS (CD 4 ) to being undectable . In fact I have no HIV/AIDS friends and most of my friends dropped me out of ignorance when I was diagnosed. I am a straight, 58 yr old female who contracted the disease working in infection control at my ex husband's Dental office. Any tips explaining what I go thru to people who think I am overstating My problem and think I should be just lucky to be alive?Nancy19831978LS

    Helpful Tips

    What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.