Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
High risk encounter?
Anon_149937 posted:
Hello,

I do not have sex or perform oral sex but while I was kissing this guy I tasted blood and my gum was bleeding. He said he was not bleeding and he does not have hiv. What is my risk? I dont know if he had cuts in his mouth or anything. I am so scared. After the encounter I got really sick,twice within the ARS time frame. Im not sure if I had a cold or the flu but my body was achy and I felt terrible. At one point I lost my voice.Since then I have had more migraines and when I came back from vacation I had diarrhea for 1 week straight. I developed an ichy rash underneath my breast that wont go away. The rash itches so bad at times that my skin feels like it is on fire, I am so depressed. Is my risk high from this encounter?

needhelplease responded:
If he does have hiv and had blood in his saliva would my risk be high ?

georgiagail replied to needhelplease's response:
Your partner said he did not have HIV and was not bleeding at the time of the lip locking.

Why do you now believe he has this and was bleeding? Because of your "symptoms"? Your migraines, loss of voice, diarrhea and itchy rash under one breast are not symptoms of early onset HIV.

By the way, the itchy rash is likely a fungal infection. I've had it once during our hot summer months here in Georgia. Try some over the counter cream for "jock itch", athletes foot, etc.. You'll need to use it for a few weeks. Don't use the cream; it will burn like the dickens.

If you remain concerned, take an HIV screening test. The negative test result will do much to ease your depression regarding this matter.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.