Skip to content
On the test
unmkhgf posted:
Why do you think the doctor at doctors care did not prescribe the test that checks for HIV in your blood I had the blood work done at qwest diagnostics in sc . What are the Percentages of people who test negative at 26 days that go on to test pos at 90 as you read in my other posts the risk was the last protected vaginal intercourse in the first week of August with a pooible condom slip off and then on the second of September unprotected oral. Thank you

georgiagail responded:
Screening tests check for antibodies. These are far easier and less expensive tests to run.

I gave you the statistics regarding test results at 1 month and thest results at 3.

Gail

unmkhgf responded:
So what you are saying is that my 26day negative HIV test is a good sign that if I test at 90 I should be negative . Does this negative HIV test at 26days count for anything. Should I feel good about it . And one other test the herpes select test cam back negative for herpes two but positive for herpes one due to an old exposer I took this test at the same time as the HIV test should I feel confident in this herpes blood test as well please help me with these qwestions Thank you Gail

georgiagail replied to unmkhgf's response:
Yes; the 25 day test is a good sign that you are negative. The same thing with the test for herpes.

Both of these are caused by a viruses; both tests check for antibodies; both require time for the immune system to build up enough antibodies to be picked up by the current testing methods.

Thus, if you remain concerned about Herpes 2 you can consider getting retested for this at the 90 day time period also.

Most of use carry the virus for Herpes 1 (the virus that typically causes oral cold sores) having picked this up in childhood. Most adults rarely have outbreaks.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.