cunnilingus and HIV rsik
flattop posted:
Hi there,
I have been following the chat on this site which is so educative. I am a 30 year old, I performed a cunnilingus on a free lady two months ago. it was less than a munite only on her clitoris which tasted salty, i immediately washed my mouth with water, did not swallow anything, no sex at all but what makes me worried and have lots of anxiety is that my friend told me her late husband died of HIV. i am so worried. what are my chances

georgiagail responded:
Oral sex (both giving and receiving) carries an extremely low risk of transmission.

The statistics we use are .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source known to carry the virus.

This is assuming that 1. Your partner is HIV positive (a friend telling you that this womans husband died of HIV is really pretty useless information since it sounds like gossip) and 2. the oral sex lasted a whole lot longer than less than one minute.

Quite honestly, there is nothing to be anxious about in regards to this event. If HIV were that easy to pick up we'd likely all have it.

Gail