Skip to content
Thank You Gail
nighttrain1974 posted:
Thank you so much Gail for your time on here. You help ease troubled minds and help bring comfort to our anxiety driven questions. At least with me anyways. I noticed several people with the same concern and questions as me and that is can they fully rely on and trust the Oraquick Home test if done correctly at or after 3 months. With me, (I'm sure I'm not alone here) I'll take one and get a negative result. It will ease my mind for a day or three, but then what do I do? I get back on the internet because of some pain, little cough, sneeze, or any little thing that goes wrong. For some reason when things like that happen, all that comes to mind is hiv. That's the worst thing to do and I know it. All the information out there about the Oraquick Home test is another thing. For the most part, most reliable internet sites and forums give it a good rating, but then there will be a few bad things. I'm sure some people get on a forum and make stuff up just to scare people by saying that they took 10 Oraquick Home tests after 3 months and tested negative, then say they took a blood test and it was positive. Stuff like that is really scary to read. I know fully well not to believe everything you read on the internet, so why do people like me still do it? I guess in hopes of some reassurance of the test we took. Thank you so much for your time and thought that you put into this. I know you sure help me. God Bless.

georgiagail responded:
This is just a suggestion...if one has to take several Oraquick tests because they have difficulty accepting the results from this particular test (and NOT because they are testing too early)...it might simply be better (and certainly less expensive) to undergo the screening process through the local health department or Planned Parenthood Organization.

Both of these organizations typically offer lower cost STD screening with results available in 20 minutes or less.

Gail

nighttrain1974 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you Gail. I can accept the results I have. My problem was/is getting on the internet too much and reading all kinds of stuff. I know now not to do that. All it does is make one question results. I have also noticed that when your ways thinking about it, your anxiety level goes through the roof and you notice everything your body is doing and all little bumps that come and go when actually your body has been doing these things long before the you started thinking about it. Thank you for your time ma'am. You truly have helped me a lot.

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.