Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can I move on?!?
An_255258 posted:
Hello all,

I would love for Gail or anyone else knowledgable to please answer this question for me.

Basically to sum up my risks: Unprotected sex once for literally 3 seconds. Didn't even go all the way in. Freaked out! Protected sex Unprotected oral

The one time I had unprotected really quick was over 6 months ago. The last time I had protected sex was about 4 months ago and last time with unprotected oral was 3 moths ago.

Since then I have had 3 hiv tests. The first one was oraquick at home 12 days after last oral exposure. Then had a rapid blood test 24 days past then a oraquick oral again at a health dept 3 months after just recent. Thankfully all 3 came back negative.

I realize unprotected oral carries a very tiny risk ( I have read many articles from Dr Hansfeld!). From what I gather my risks are not very high to begin with and the chance my partner (4 year relationship with girl) had Hiv is very small.

My question is basically can I move on and start a new relationship knowing I'm being honest with whomever I date next?

How reliable and accurate is Oraquick along with my blood test? I have seen so much debate. On both oraquick tests my control line was a faint red which worried me but I called the hotline and asked the nurse and they said it was fine.

I also notice now I'm much more paranoid about body fluids and blood. I got a cut on my ear love at the barber and worried about all the possible scenarios! Have you ever heard of instances outside of sex, needles, etc?

Thanks so much for your help, just really hoping to move on.

georgiagail responded:
You can move on. You are HIV negative. Testing has clearly shown this.

A cut on your ear lobe at the barbers is not going to leave you HIV positive.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.