Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Finger Prick
fullmoone posted:
Hello is a finger prick considered an open wound.

georgiagail responded:
In what way?

An open wound is one that is actively bleeding.

fullmoone replied to georgiagail's response:
I did a rapid hiv test which came back negative. The counselor who did the test told me he was hiv positive not sue if I'm at risk.

georgiagail replied to fullmoone's response:
No, you are not at risk. The counselor did not bleed on you during this process (and, I'm assuming you did not have unprotected intercourse with this person either).

Gail

I don't recall the counselor bleeding that's what has me concerned

There is no reason that the counselor would be bleeding and even if they were it would be hard to miss the blood.

Please stop worrying about this. You are not the first person to be concerned about picking up HIV while doing a screening test. But that really is a non-worry.

Gail

Hello Gail, is it possible to catch hiv through a handjob. Was at a massage parlor and one thing lead to another.

No, getting a handjob is not a risk for HIV transmission.

How would this be? You would not be coming in contact with this persons blood or sexual fluids since (I'm assuming) they are the ones performing the services on you.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.