Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
am scared!!
3trill posted:
I NEED HELP:6weeks ago,i had oral sex with a new girl both giving and receiving,i later found out she does it with other men.After the encounter i started having fear of hiv.for the past 5weeks,i have had these symptoms;DIZZINESS,FEW STRANGE VERY TINY RASHES ON FACE,SORE THROAT,RIGHT NECK PAIN,JIONT ACHE,CHIL FEELING SOMETIMES,FEVERISH FEELING,INSOMENIA AND UNWELL FEELING.these symptoms has been on for weeks till now,am totally at lost cant do anything these days but worry.
I took the girl for Hiv test after 4weeks she is negative and am negative too.i did PCR test after 5weeks ago,its still negative.am still scared because am still not feeling well till now,most of the symptoms i listed are still present.doctors said i need not worry.....but am still worried,advice me please.I know stress cant be causing this,to me i believe something is wrong.HELP PLEASE

georgiagail responded:
Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission.

Think along the lines of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your partner has tested negative for this virus. In addition, most of your symptoms have everything to do with anxiety and worry and nothing to do with HIV.

If you still do not believe the test results, get a final test at 12 weeks; it will also be negative and this should prove to you that you are HIV negative. If not, then consider some counseling to help you get over your fear of a disease you do not have.

Gail

3trill replied to georgiagail's response:
sir,i did another test yesterday after the 6th weeks mark,it came out negative.my fear and worry is still on because of all these symptoms am having.my grion and armpit lmph node are swollen,i can feel them,am still dizzy and feeling unwell.am still scared sir.

georgiagail replied to 3trill's response:
Testing beats symptoms each and every time.

Things to keep in mind.

Dizziness is NOT a symptom of HIV. It's often a symptom of stress and worry.

Lymph nodes in the groin, armpits and neck are normally close to the surface of the skin. We can feel them even if they aren't swollen during illness. We don't notice them until we read that swollen lymph nodes can be a sign of early onset HIV and then we poke and prod the poor things until they swell a bit from all of this.

As I stated before, oral sex carries an EXTREMELY low risk of HIV transmission.

Your own partner has tested negative for HIV. If she doesn't have it, how do you expect that she can pass it on to you?

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.