Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV test
anxious100 posted:
Hi

I had a work injury on 25 January 2014, got scratched by a HIV positive person. Done the Elisa test on me, when result came back negative started me on Tribuss. Today is day 33. Dr draw blood this morning and send to lab. They done HIV1/2 Ab + P24Ag test. Result came back negative. My docter told me to relax and forget about it I'm negative. Still very anxious. Should I retest on 6 and 12 weeks?

georgiagail responded:
Listen to what you physician told you. Simply getting scratched by someone infected with this virus will not transmit HIV to you.

Remember that in order for the virus to infect someone, it has to actually ENTER the uninfected persons body. This would mean that person would have to deposit either blood or sexual fluids into your OPEN (i.e., bleeding) cut, wound for there to even be a risk of transmission.

From your posting, only one person had a scratch and that was you.

Gail

Helpful Tips

I am scared to death of possible HIV infection.
I went with a woman which I dontknow her HIV status , and I discovered that she is at her period, she used some tisuues to cover her ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.