Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Worried about HIV with Contacted blood in cuts
bond123 posted:
My English not good, please help me on this.
December 26th I have gone for MRI Scan about my spine problem, before me one women took MRI Scan test for brain and later I took the test however I have noticed some blood in my middle finger, I don't know where it was came to and I have noticed small pimple in my face with blood.
I came to know that she was infected with HIV positive. I don't know whether she is bleeding blood or not.
It is my thinking:
I thought if blood at MRI Scan table bed sheet and same attached to middle finger, with same finger blood scratch the pimple in face and get blood.
She was died recently and now my worries are like non stoppable.
MRI test took more than 20 mints to me and after I have changed the lab dress , while I am waiting for MRI report my hands were scratching some pimple in face at the point I had seen dried blood( very light) on middle finger it was all most after the test 1 hr .
At 17 days I have done PCR DNA - Negative
Signal HIV rapid test at 30 days -Negative
Signal HIV rapid test ate 66 days -Negative
Do you want me test at 12 weeks or shall i go for normal life with wife?

georgiagail responded:
Dried blood from an HIV positive person would contain dead virus. It could not have infected you (even assuming it even came from this person).

Your tests have shown that you are HIV negative. A 12 week test would have the same result. Please stop worrying about all of this.

Gail

bond123 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail,

Do you want to me test at 12 weeks point?

shall i go normal life with my wife?

please suggest

georgiagail replied to bond123's response:
There is no medical reason for a 12 week test.

The only reason you might consider it would be for YOUR peace of mind and not for any issue that this event left you infected.

There are many who post here who have difficulty accepting that their "exposure" was not an exposure at all and find that they need that last bit of testing (and that nice "negative" test result) to help them finally put their worries over a disease they do not have behind them.

Gail

bond123 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail,

This is good infromantion and I will start move on with my life and wife.
Thak you

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.