Skip to content
help im freaking out
An_255879 posted:
I had an hiv test done at 7 weeks unknowen exposure that came out negitive im redoing the test now at 3and half months post same unknown exposure im freaking out about the results. I did two oraquick at home test yesterday both were negitive. Can I still be positive? ?? Help im not doing emotionally well over here

georgiagail responded:
It is highly, highly doubtful you are HIV positive.

Oraquick tests are designed to be fool proof when taken. One really can't mess them up. If you've taken two yesterday and the results were both negative, this third test result will be exactly the same.

Stop freaking out then. You are HIV negative.

Gail

scarrd replied to georgiagail's response:
Should I have signs or symptoms by now.

georgiagail replied to scarrd's response:
You won't have signs or symptoms of HIV because you are HIV negative.

Gail

scarrd replied to georgiagail's response:
There is no way I could of screwed up the test. Im about ready to go buy another one

georgiagail replied to scarrd's response:
Note to self; buy stock in HIV test kits!

Honestly, you can test from now until the store runs out of kits but really, the results will be no different.

Ironically you should be celebrating the good news you are HIV negative instead of spending yet more money on test kits.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.