Skip to content
paranoid
An_255881 posted:
It's my first time posting something any where, but I've been stressing for the past 6 years thinking I could be HIV positive. I had sex with this guy who intentionally broke the condoms(without me knowing and beats me how)when we would have sex. I would find out it "broke" once we were done. I stopped having sex with him and 4 months after I got a really bad cold with severe body ache, pink eye, swollen glands, and conjuntivitis. I was told it was a virus and no antibiotics were needed except for the eyes. I was with another guy right after the one who broke the condoms and was with him for 2 years. Now he is married. I just recently found out that the guy who broke the condoms had been sleeping with prostitutes without protection, and now I'm worried. I asked the other guy(still friends with him)if he or his wife have been tested or been fine, and neither of them are sick(thank God). I had an ultrasound for possible breast cancer(all negative) and it showed that my glands by the armpit were very swollen. I got sick with bronchitis shortly after. Recently all my joints were hurting and I was tested for lupus and other stuff, but all negative....diagnosis. ..depression and anxiety. Some complexes were high others low. Lacking of vitamin D3 etc....but just recently my OCD and paranoia have been killing me. Reading about hiv symptoms and all that stuff....After 6 years I'm feeling as if I had it...I'm scared to get tested and find out I'm possitive. I haven't had sex after the last guy mentioned and don't want to have sex with anyone because I'm afraid to get something or to already have it and give it to them. Could it be possible that all of us 5 are asymptomatic for all this years? Please help me.....thank you....

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Here is some more information on HIV and its symptoms in case you are interested. The asymptomatic period of HIV can last 10 years or more, but the only way that you will know if you have contracted HIV is to be tested for it. I know that it is scary, but in order to put your mind at ease and to get the proper treatment if you are positive, it is important that you get tested. It is not healthy for you to live in a constant state of fear or paranoia, and I think that seeing a doctor and expressing your fears is the best thing that you can do. Please let us know what you decide and how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.