Skip to content
Ora Quick 3 Months + 4 Months
humble11 posted:
Hi Gail, I had a risky encounter in October, I tested via Ora Quick Oral Antibody (In Home) following the manufacturers instructions at 3 + 5 months, is this considered conclusive? My partner tested at 3 months + 5 months Ora Quick + Blood Drawn at her annual. All test came back negative. I have not did my annual this year will be next week. At this point would there be any antibodies developed to say that my test is conclusive? Or is there a need to be tested again? Thanks in advance.

georgiagail responded:
There is no need for further testing.

Testing done at least 12 weeks (90 days) after a potential encounter is considered to be both definitive and conclusive in terms of ones status. By then 99.99 percent of newly infected folks would have enough antibodies present to be picked up by these tests.

You tested out to 5 months in addition to the 3 month test. This final test was also negative. This encounter back in October did not leave you infected.

In other words, you are HIV negative and testing has clearly shown this.

Gail

humble11 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for the quick response Gail, this passing of time has been a character builder for me....

humble11 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi Gail just an update, I wanted confirmation of my ora quick results I had a CBC done last week all blood work was considered normal, took an hiv test as well, I will give you all am update as soon as my results have come back.

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.