Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp tool prick and Fresh Open scrapes and Vaginal Fluid Contact
rdude posted:
Hi, Gail and David,

Are the risks for hiv noticeably higher considering the following 2 situations:

1. 2 months ago, I was helping a coworker perform a voltage test on a testing machine. After he did the test, he asked me to hold the volt reader against the machine's connector. While moving to put the tester in place, I accidentally poked my inner right forearm (which was covered by the sleeve of my work shirt) with the voltage reader needle. I didn't see any blood on the tester needle and didn't see bleeding on either forearm. I'm unsure if anyone had poked themselves recently before.

2. I had recently went on a trip with some friends and some of their friends. After going to some bars (I didn't drink), I ended up fooling around with one of the girls in our group (she didn't drink either). We went to my room and I washed my hands and we talked a little. I heard water running and realized I forgot to turn off the faucet and saw that her purse had tipped over near the sink. Her bottle of lotion had fallen into the warm-water filled sink. I shook it off and put the lotion and purse on the bed. Shortly after, one thing led to another and we both ended up unclothed. She had noticed that I had dried skin on my left knee and put some lotion on it. I had unprotected grinding with the top of my penis shaft rubbing by her vagina from the front and back while standing up on the bed. There was no penetration of any kind. About 30 seconds to 3 minutes after her applying the lotion, I kneeled down on the bed and accidentally scraped the middle top of my lotioned left knee on the nozzle of the lotion bottle, which left a red scrape line (which barely stung and didn't seem to bleed). A minute or so later, we laid down on our backs and I had received an unprotected hand job as I rubbed (no fingering) her vagina with my left hand and we both climaxed. Afterwards, we took a warm shower with some bar soap together with no further touching. After the act, I noticed 4 very small red dots from the nozzle scratch, which wasn't bleeding but seemed like very small amounts of blood to indicate a scrape had occurred. She had shaved a day ago and tanned a week ago. I'm unsure if she touched her vagina and then applied the lotion 30 seconds to 3 minutes before I scraped my knee; and I'm unsure if she ever touched my knee after I scraped it (I don't remember her touching it though). My knee wasn't touched during the shower, but my left hand probably had vaginal fluids while I rinsed my upper body. Also, I noticed some very small brown spots on the sheets (dried blood?), but am pretty sure the bottle nozzle didn't come in contact with those areas. The next day, I saw very small scabs on my knee where the dots were and I had a small non-pimple bump on my inner right groin line (from sweat irritation or ingrown hair?)

Do the two events very noticeably increase the risk for hiv especially considering the volt reader poke and knee scrape and possible vaginal fluid contact on the bed and in the running shower?

Thanks for your time and patience.

Thanks,

Rdude

rdude responded:
Also, I remembered that there was no blood in the sink when I was washing my hands.

Thanks,

Rdude

rdude replied to rdude's response:
I mistyped - I meant that I hadn't noticed any blood in the sink when I was washing my hands.

Thanks, Rdude

Also, I'm unsure if there was blood on the lotion nozzle before I scraped my knee because it was dark colored.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Rdude

I wanted to add that I'm pretty sure that neither my knee nor the bottle nozzle came into contact with the areas of the sheets with the brown spots.

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.