Skip to content
Fear
juju45454 posted:
Hi Sir, I had a unprotected sex with a massage girl on 1st March in a drink, This is my first sin, I was too much worried about this and fear of hiv infection,

I had a blood test cbc on 10 of March and result was negative,
I took the doctor advise and did the HIV screening test for that girl on 12th of March, by GOD grace the result was non reactive..

17th day of exposure.. i did the hiv 1&2 (quali) - method- immunochromatography test ....results is nonreactive..The same test Irepeated on 34th day( 5th Week) ..It was non reactive..i know that conclusive is three month.. am in intense panic..Since last 1 months am not having intercourse with my wife.Please suggest me how to come out this
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
The odds are very much in your favor that you are HIV negative. The 3 month test is very likely to produce the same negative test result as the 5th week test.

How to come out of this?

1. Avoid drinking in any place except at home.

2. If you do not follow the advice listed under 1, carry a latex condom with you at all times.

3. Fess up to the wife. She's probably wondering what's going on anyway.

Good luck and let us know your 3 month test result, OK?

Gail

juju45454 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Georgiagail, definitely will follow your advise , even I promised to GOD will stop all these things. .

HI Sir Gail, One question, If I want proceed intercourse with my wife. U suggest to use the condom?

georgiagail replied to juju45454's response:
Here's the thing about the status of the massage girl you had in intercourse with...

While her HIV screening test was negative, we do not know when her last unprotected sexual encounter (before yours) took place.

In other words if she recently became infected, her test result may have been a "false negative"; i.e., she actually was infected but not yet producing enough antibodies to be picked up by current testing methods.

While this does not mean that even if she was carrying the virus, she infected you, your 5 week test result (while very hopefully) is not the last test you should take. Thus, I cannot tell you to engage in unprotected intercourse with your wife until you have had that final 12 week test and are finally and fully clear that you do not have this virus.

So yes, it would be best to use a condom until then.

Gail

Hi Gail. You scared me now..If she is really infected, My 5 th test was not correct?

Hi Gail. You scared me now..If she is really infected, My 5th week test was not correct? My not sure since last 10 days am getting leg pains and swear at chest. Please suggest me..

georgiagail replied to juju45454's response:
What I said was that your five week test was a good indication of your negative status but that a twelve week final test was needed.

I did NOT say the five week test was not correct but that, again, the recommended time period for testing is twelve weeks after unprotected intercourse, not five weeks.

Gail

sorry sir,I am a worried person..thanks for your support and guidance ..will never do such kind of mistakes in life..I will ask GOD to give new life..

juju4545 replied to juju45454's response:
Hi Sir Gail, Apologies.. I forgot my password and created the new account.
I did the Hiv 1&2(quali)-method- immunochromatography test [br>[br>-> 45th day (7th Week) - Result was non reactive [br>[br>-> 55rd day (8 th week) ,I did the tests of [br>[br>1)Western Blot (Confirmatory Test for HIV Antibodies) - Result is Negative [br>[br>
2)HIV DNA PCR Qualitative ( Method : Real time PCR)- Result is Not - Detected

-> 63 & 69 days after exposure, I took tridot rapid test in India and the result was Negative.

-> 79 days (May 19th) Hiv 1&2(quali)-method- immunochromatography test was negative.

Still am waiting for the conclusion test at 90 days. Please suggest.

juju4545 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi Sir Gail, Apologies.. I forgot my password and created the new account.

I did the Hiv 1&2(quali)-method- immunochromatography test

-> 45th day (7th Week) - Result was non reactive

55rd day (8 th week) ,I did the tests of

1)Western Blot (Confirmatory Test for HIV Antibodies) - Result is Negative [br>[br>

2)HIV DNA PCR Qualitative ( Method : Real time PCR)- Result is Not - Detected

-> 63 & 69 days after exposure, I took tridot rapid test in India and the result was Negative.

-> 79 days (May 19th) Hiv 1&2(quali)-method- immunochromatography test was negative.

Still am waiting for the conclusion test at 90 days. Please suggest.

georgiagail replied to juju4545's response:
I'd suggest I need to buy stock in these testing companies!

Seriously....your 90 day test result will be no different than the 63, 69, 79 day test result.

Look at it this way....

The estimate is that 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a "reactive" (i.e., positive) test result by one month (actually around 25 days) post transmission. By three months this has increased to 99.99 percent.

While the 90 day mark is the "gold standard" for testing, do you really think your status will change between 79 days and 90 days?

It won't. If you test at 90 days the result will be "non reactive", not-detected or just plain negative. In other words, you are find that you are HIV negative from this event.

Gail

Hi Sir Gail.. Thanks for your kind support..

Tomorrow is 90 day after my exposure.. feeling very stress..Praying GOD to help me out.

Planning to proceed with below test. Please suggest.

SEROLOGY HIV 1 & 2 (Quali)
Method : Immunochromatography

Since last 4 days..I am feeling ears blockage ,running noise & very tried ..feeling very stress to take the test.....

georgiagail replied to juju4545's response:
And????

Your symptoms have NOTHING to do with HIV.

Take the test, get the final negative result, go to bed since it sound like you're coming down with a cold and put the fear of HIV out of your mind.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.