Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oraquick- drinking water
An_256693 posted:
Hello, I recently took the oraquick hiv test at home after a hookup 6 months prior with someone I barely knew. They claimed to be negative. My result was negative, as I expected as I always use protection. However, I became a little nervous before the test and had a small sip of water about 20 minutes before the test instead of the 30 minutes the directions state. After I reread this I called Oraquick and they said my result was invalid because of the small sip of water. My mouth was still very dry after the sip of water. *Can I still trust my result? Thanks.

georgiagail responded:
It is highly unlikely this small sip of water skewed the accuracy of these test results.

Gail

j8569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Okay, thank you Gail. Would you recommend retesting? Or just accepting the result?

j8569 replied to j8569's response:
I went out and purchased another oraquick testing kit and the result was still negative, thankfully. Thank you for alleviating some of the anxiety for me though, Gail!

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.