Skip to content
Testing at 13 weeks
An_256430 posted:
I tested negative fro 2 labs in India at 76 days and at 78 days .I wish to test for my conclusive results by the weekend.pls advise if my hiv status will change to positive considering that I have symptoms of sore and dry throat.Have no fever,no lymph nodes. I feel I was purposely pricked by a lady fro Thailand in a red light area in Germany.Its an advise to all to be careful even while shaking hands specially if there is darkness in the pub. Pls reply as I am extremely anxious.

georgiagail responded:
Remember this...up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a "reactive" (i.e., positive) test result one month after a potential exposure.

The fact that you tested negative at 76 and 78 days means that it is HIGHLY (and I do mean HIGHLY) unlikely you would now test positive for HIV at the 90 day mark..

In addition, the first stage of HIV (known as ARS for acute retroviral syndrome) occurs two to six weeks after transmission..... not 78 days later.

In other words, your sore and dry throat are not connected to HIV. You might be coming down with a simple cold.

Gail

sailor5 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for the help.I am worried because I have been suffering from sore throat for more than 2 months,post nasal drips for over a month,ulcers in the mouth for 3 weeks.Thats the worry.

georgiagail replied to sailor5's response:
While we do not attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms, ARS has "flu like" symptoms and last about 2 weeks.

We depend on testing rather than symptoms.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.