Skip to content
I should have known better.
An_256716 posted:
Last year I had unprotected sex. Well i freaked out had him take an hiv test and myself. Test were negative. I had a hard time believing the results. So I continued to test. Then I got over it. Well I had unprotected sex again with the same man almost two months ago. Guess I didn't learn from the first time. I asked him if he has been with anyone and he said no. We have been friends for over 10 yrs. So he has no reason to lie. Well the fear is back. I tested negative at almost two months. But I have symptoms. Help !!!!?????!!!!

georgiagail responded:
Couple of things to keep in mind.

HIV testing needs to be done at least 90 days after a potential exposure. If HIS last unprotected sexual encounter (prior to yours) was at least 90 days prior to this testing then his results were accurate. And if he's not been with any else since then, he could not have picked up the virus.

The "symptoms" of HIV are described at "flu like" in nature. Perhaps what you are experiencing is the regular flu.

Instead of continuing to test all the time, why don't you use condoms during sexual encounters? The virus cannot cross an intact latex condom.

Gail

An_256716 replied to georgiagail's response:
I'm just trying to think rational. Yes when he tested it was over 90 days. All I can do know is stay calm and test again in a few months.

I told the guy I was with about my concerns and he said again with this. We already cleared this up. Now we are just friends because he is done with me stressing out about hiv. Especially since I did it to him once before.

Gail your protection is a must. I think i have learned and hopefully my status is negative.

foo92554 replied to An_256716's response:
Sorry last sentence of my post is wrong. What I meant to say is "Gail your right protection is a must".

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.