Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

5 weeks negative hiv test am I ok????
An_256904 posted:
Hello. I'm very worried. I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend for at 10 mins maybe 15 and there wasn't any ejaculation just pre ejaculation. Before this we was mature enough to talk about STD testing and he said he was fine and don't have anything. HHowever I don't believe him because he lies.

I kept pestering him about it and he has now blocked me from social networks and changed his phone number for constant pestering.

I tested at 3 weeks and It was negative

I then tested for hiv chlamydia and gonnerhea at 5 weeks and all were negative.

I have heard where a 5 week test is reassuring that I am ok I'm still having major anxiety of it changing at 8 weeks and maybe 12. I'm so nervous that I'm starting to pull out mu hair.

Everywhere I go I see signs about HIV/Aids. These signs could be from fliers, things on tv or on social networks. its making me think that it is a sign that I may have it.

Is my 5 weeks reassuring and not likely to change??
georgiagail responded:
Since up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a "reactive" (i.e., positive) test result at 4 weeks of testing your 5 week test (while not totally conclusive) is a very good sign that you are HIV negative.

While you should go through the 12 week test, it is HIGHLY unlikely that things will change from the 5 week test result.

willibeok replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks. Well if that case why the reoccurring signs about HIV/Aids starting to pop up in my everyday life?? Like today it happened again. Me and my friend from school was talking and she brung up a movie about HIV/AIDs
georgiagail replied to willibeok's response:
Because right now you're overly focused on the issue of HIV.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.