Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 weeks negative hiv test am I ok????
An_256904 posted:
Hello. I'm very worried. I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend for at 10 mins maybe 15 and there wasn't any ejaculation just pre ejaculation. Before this we was mature enough to talk about STD testing and he said he was fine and don't have anything. HHowever I don't believe him because he lies.

I kept pestering him about it and he has now blocked me from social networks and changed his phone number for constant pestering.

I tested at 3 weeks and It was negative

I then tested for hiv chlamydia and gonnerhea at 5 weeks and all were negative.

I have heard where a 5 week test is reassuring that I am ok I'm still having major anxiety of it changing at 8 weeks and maybe 12. I'm so nervous that I'm starting to pull out mu hair.

Everywhere I go I see signs about HIV/Aids. These signs could be from fliers, things on tv or on social networks. its making me think that it is a sign that I may have it.

Is my 5 weeks reassuring and not likely to change??

georgiagail responded:
Since up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a "reactive" (i.e., positive) test result at 4 weeks of testing your 5 week test (while not totally conclusive) is a very good sign that you are HIV negative.

While you should go through the 12 week test, it is HIGHLY unlikely that things will change from the 5 week test result.

Gail

willibeok replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks. Well if that case why the reoccurring signs about HIV/Aids starting to pop up in my everyday life?? Like today it happened again. Me and my friend from school was talking and she brung up a movie about HIV/AIDs

georgiagail replied to willibeok's response:
Because right now you're overly focused on the issue of HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.