Skip to content
Accurate Test
mark1976 posted:
I tested negative, but I ate a cookie 2 hour before testing. Is my results accurate?

georgiagail responded:
Yes; eating a cookie two hours before testing would have no effect on the accuracy of these test results.

Gail

mark1976 replied to georgiagail's response:
I used the ora quick swab around the gums

georgiagail replied to mark1976's response:
Yes; that is how you get the samples to test for. The swab picks up cells from the mucous membranes lining the surface of the gum area.

In an HIV positive individual these cells would contain the virus.

Eating a cookie two hours before the test would, again, not affect the accuracy of these test results. The swab would still be able to pick up these cells.

Gail

About 9 months ago, I gave a lady friend of my oral sex and I rub my pennis around her virgina. I penetrated her maybe twice. Would I have any HIV antibiotics by now?

Yes you would IF you were HIV positive. Since you test was negative, this means you are not HIV positive.

Gail

I visit a new doctor in Florida about belviq a new weight loss pill.
He said he wanted to do labs before he would recommend me taking any weight lose pills. The labs came back fine except my white blood count was low. He also said the lab he used had issue with the calibration of their machine. Then he said over the phone there could some issue but major of the times HIV causes your white blood cells to be low. I immediately went to an urgent care and did the Oraquick. I'm still waiting on my blood test results from the urgent care. Is the doctor statement true? Is Oraquick reliable?

Yes; the Oraquick test IS reliable. That physician should never have told you that HIV causes your white blood cells to be low; especially after it was mentioned that the lab he used had issues with the calibration of their machine. That meant EVERYONES white blood cell counts would come back as abnormally (and falsely) low.

Gail

Thank you.

mark1976 replied to mark1976's response:
I received my results today. NEGATIVE!! I don't understand why this doctor came to his conclusion. Seeking legal consulting now.

This is a perfect example of why symptoms and non-antibody screening test results (i.e., these white blood cell counts) are useless in determining ones status in regards to HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.